Preloader Close


Federal Skilled Trades


If you’re qualified in a skilled trade and wish to migrate to Canada, then this program is for you. The program operates through the Express Entry Immigration system. Canada is a preferred choice among many immigrants globally because the country offers a plethora of career opportunities for a skilled workforce, better quality of life. Additionally, the country has a stable economy that attracts many immigrants. Here is some useful information that you may find handy if you’re planning to migrate to Canada.

Visa processing time in Canada: The average visa processing time is 6 months; you can expect expedited processing under Federal Skilled Trades Program

Processing fee: The Government Visa processing fee for Federal Skilled Trades Worker is $550 per adult & $150 per child. An additional Permanent Residence application of $490 per adult applies.

The application processing fee is the non-refundable component charged by IRCC while the RPRF will be refunded should your application be cancelled, rejected or withdrawn.

Eligibility criteria: The Government of Canada has specified eligibility criteria for federal skilled trades program. You’re eligible to apply if you have:

At least 2 years of work experience in a skilled trade

Received a full – time job offer

Certificate or qualification for the skilled trade you’re applying for

English / French language certification as specified in writing, reading, speaking and listening

If you’re planning to migrate to Quebec, you need to meet the eligibility criteria set specifically for Quebec.

Documents that you will need: Visa processing requires a lot of documentation. Hence, it is always a good idea to have your documents ready before you start your application procedure. We have jotted down the list of documents you will need during your visa application.

Valid passport

Language test results

Written full – time job offer, if you have one

English/French language test results

Note, there is no specific educational requirement to migrate under the federal skilled trades program. However, if you would like to add points for education, then you need to produce an educational credential assessment report.

For obtaining a permanent residence, you will need

Police verification certificate

Proof of funds

Medical exam results

What are the skilled trades for which you can apply?

Industrial, electrical and construction trades

Maintenance and equipment operation trades

Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture, and related production

Processing, manufacturing and utility supervisors and central control operators

Chefs and cooks

Butchers and bakers

How we can help you?

Our in-house IRCC approved and registered Canadian Immigration Consultants guide you throughout the application process, they monitor and keep you posted on the latest status for your application.

We will be your authorized representatives at IRCC representing you throughout the case lifecycle. You can shift your focus on your travel preparation while we progress your case to the subsequent stages.

Our settlement experts will brief you on what to expect in Canada, Immigrant Challenges and Opportunities depending on your specific needs. We have partners that can help you with best and affordable options for rental accommodation, insurance, travel, car purchases, mortgages etc.

We work closely with recruitment companies and employers to update you on the latest job market trends and can assist you enter the Canadian Workforce.

Free Online Assessment

    Answer this question?