Preloader Close

Federal Skilled Worker

If you’re a skilled professional and wish to migrate to a foreign land, then Canada is the place to be! Not one, but there are quite a few reasons to do so. Migrating to Canada is relatively easy, the people are friendly, and there is no dearth of opportunities for skilled professionals like YOU. One of the easiest ways to get a Canadian Permanent Residence is through the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Visa processing time in Canada: Depends on the country from where you’re applying. The average processing time can anywhere be between 4 to 12 months.

Application Processing fee: The IRCC Application processing fee for Federal Skilled Worker is $550 per adult & $150 per child. An additional Right to Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) of $490 per adult applies.

The application processing fee is the non-refundable component charged by IRCC while the RPRF will be refunded should your application be cancelled, rejected or withdrawn.

Eligibility criteria: To be able to apply under Federal Skilled Worker program, you need to meet the minimum requirements which include:

  • Skilled Work Experience – Which indicates you have worked any of these groups for at least a year – Managerial job (skill level 0); Professional jobs (skill level 1) and Technical jobs (skill level B)
  • Education – If your educational credentials are acquired outside Canada, you will need to obtain an assessment of your degree to determine the Canadian Equivalency of your educational credentials.
  • Language ability – You have passed English/French language test for reading, writing, listening and speaking. A CLB level of 7 in either IELTS or CELPIP makes you eligible to apply however it is recommended to target a score of CLB 9 to strengthen your chances in the pool.

Applications are assessed and given points based on the following criteria:

  • Age
  • Education
  • English/ French language skill
  • Work experience
  • If you have a job offer
  • Adaptability

Documents that you will need: Before you start applying, keep these documents handy. You’ll need them at different stages of the application process.

  1. Valid passport
  2. Language test result (English – IELTS/CELPIP (General), French – TEF/TCF Canada)
  3. Educational Credential Assessment report

If you’re applying for a permanent residence, you will need to produce the following documents along with your application procedure.

  1. Proof of funds
  2. Police verification certificate
  3. Medical exam report

There are enough online resources that assist you with the application process for Federal Skilled Worker however the information online can sometimes become overwhelming with the need of spending time and efforts that could span weeks and months to vet the right information and stay up to date with the frequent changes introduced by the relevant authorities.

We promote self service by keeping our advices, blogs and insights section up to date with the latest information where possible however we do recommend appointing a Registered Immigration Consultant who will prepare your application package, pass it through quality checks and be your legally authorized representative at IRCC.

How we can help you?

  • Our in-house IRCC approved and registered Canadian Immigration Consultants guide you throughout the application process, they monitor and keep you posted on the latest status for your application.
  • We will be your authorized representatives at IRCC representing you throughout the case lifecycle. You can shift your focus on your travel preparation while we progress your case to the subsequent stages.
  • Our settlement experts will brief you on what to expect in Canada, Immigrant Challenges and Opportunities depending on your specific needs. We have partnerships with agents that can help you with best and affordable options for rental accommodation, insurance, travel, car purchases, mortgages etc.
  • We work closely with recruitment companies and employers to update you on the latest job market trends and can assist you with your entering the Canadian Workforce.