Preloader Close

Do you wish to visit your child/grandchild in Canada?

Are you planning to reunite with your parents/grandparents in Canada?

Whatever it is, a super visa lets you visit your child or grandchild for up to 2 years at a time. If you wish to stay for a shorter duration you may, however, want to go with a visitor visa. A super visa is a multi-entry visa which lets you enter Canada multiple times over a period of up to 10 years.

Visa processing time: Most super visas are processed within a 2-4 weeks however it can take up to 3 months depending on the visa office.

Visa processing fees: The super visa processing fee is CAD 100

Eligibility: You’re eligible for a parent or a grandparent super visa, if:

You’re a parent or a grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a person who is a permanent resident

Have Canadian medical insurance worth $100,000 coverage at least, proof of insurance money paid, and should be valid for at least a year since the date of entry

A letter of invitation from your child or grandchild. The letter should mention that your sponsor is financially support your stay in Canada, a copy of the person’s citizenship, and number of members in his/her household

In addition to the above mention list, you need to apply for a super visa, clear an immigration medical test and should be eligible to enter Canada.

Documents required: Here is the document checklist which you may find handy during your visa application.

Valid passport

A letter of invitation

Relationship evidence with the person you wish to visit

Sponsor’s passport, proof of sufficient funds, PR/Visa copy, occupation proof, etc.

Proof from the sponsor that he/she meets low income cut off

Medical insurance documents

Additionally, you might need biometrics

What do you need to know about Super visa?

Your visa application is granted basis the following:

The overall economic and political stability of your home country

The purpose of your visit

You should be willing to leave the country by choice post your duration of stay

Your family and finance

Your ties in your home country

If you’re inviting your parent or grandparent to Canada, then you need to produce proof of maintaining minimum necessary income for your household. As a document of proof, you can submit bank statements, pay stubs, employment insurance stubs, etc.

How we can help you?

Our in-house IRCC approved and registered Canadian Immigration Consultants guide you throughout the application process, they monitor and keep you posted on the latest status for your application.

We will be your authorized representatives at IRCC representing you throughout the case lifecycle. You can shift your focus on your travel preparation while we progress your case to the subsequent stages.

Free Online Assessment

    Answer this question?